This is absolutely delicious on bagels! Boiled cider is an ingredient that can be bought online from King Arthur Flour. But I occasionally make my own by boiling apple cider down to half or less. That can take a few hours. It basically becomes a syrup that has many uses, such as pouring on oatmeal or pancakes and sweetening apple pie or sauteed apples. I suppose it would be a quicker substitute to boil down apple juice concentrate. I have only used apple cider and apple juice not from concentrate though.
- 1 1/2 cups cream cheese; low-fat is fine
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons boiled cider
- Beat the cream cheese until it’s light and airy.
- Add the remaining ingredients and beat until well incorporated.
- Serve with toast, pita chips, apple slices, or whatever inspires you!
- Yield: about 2 cups. Store any leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 10 days.